DRY NEEDLING SEMINAR
DN is the use of solid filament needles inserted through the skin and into the muscle to release painful myofascial trigger points. Dry needling results in the deepest tissue release allowing for improvements in movement and pain.
Upon completion of the three-day introductory course, participants will ...
- understand the basic scientific backgrounds of the myofascial pain syndrome and of trigger points
- be able to identify the Top 30 muscles by surface anatomy, palpation and function. They will also
- understand their clinical symptoms and perpetuating factors
- be able to identify the features of trigger points by physical examination and apply this knowledge
- to the top 30 muscles
- understand the specific indications and contraindications of Dry Needling
- have the ability to apply the safety rules for Dry Needling
- be able to perform Dry Needling of the top 30 muscles
- understand the possible side effects and complications of Dry Needling and will be able to react appropriately
Dr. Johnson McEvoy is an instructor with the David G. Simons AcademyTM and has taught dry needling in Ireland since 2006. He works as head physiotherapist with Irish Amateur Boxing since 2003 and was an accredited Olympic Physiotherapist in Athens in 2004.
The course is designed for MDs, PTs, DCs, DOs and HPs. Seminar limited to 22 participants.
7-8-9 September 2018, 8:30 – 17:30, 22.5 hours
ChiroHouse, Holzmarktstr. 25, 10243 Berlin, 4th floor
Flyer for download
More informations and booking
For more information or in case of problem during the registration process, please contact us at: email@example.com